Its been one entire year since the transplant and my husband is doing very well:
- Kidney is functioning extremely well! Creatinine level is 1.1 meaning that his new kidney is doing its job and his body isn’t rejecting it.
- He’s been taken off of four out of five of his daily blood pressure medications.
- Appetite has fully returned! His weight on the day of surgery was 163 lbs and he now weighs 210 lbs. Right now he claims to be on a diet……. 0_o
- His energy level has significantly increased.
- His skin color has returned back to normal and his eyes no longer appear to be sunken in.
- There are still certain parts of the scar that are numb. We were made aware beforehand that this could possibly happen and that if it did, the chances of regaining feeling in those areas were slim.
- The swelling around his scar has dramatically decreased.
I am also doing quite well. In fact, I’m doing so well that our baby girl just turned three months.
*Insert your happy smile.*
Now you’re staring at the screen in confusion.
……And you’ve just done the math!
We became pregnant only about one month after the surgery. It wasn’t my fault but I don’t blame my hubby for being unable to control himself. All of this sexiness? C’mon! We can all give the young man a break here. Lol.
Our only daughters name is Harmony Rain Miller and despite the warning that she could be physically deformed due to the medications we were both on, she is the most bestest, awesomest, and cutest little diva ever! She’s amazing, and tiny, and smiley, and snuggly. *insert happy sigh*
*Grudgingly shares pic*
*Grudgingly shares another*
So the moral of the story is that a year later and we’re still WINNING! To those who have prayed for us, stuck by us, and loved on us, THANK YOU! We are so very lucky to have the support system that we do and we appreciate each and every single one of you!