As I scroll down my Facebook timeline I often think to myself, “WTF”? I know that I can’t be alone. If you have been reading my blog for a while, then you know that I have written about Facebook before but this time it’s different. Certain things that I see I just want to reach through my computer or whatever device I happen to be on at the moment, and punch people right in the face. There needs to be some written Facebook etiquette rules because some of ya’ll need some act right, some learning, so I took the liberty. I figured if I write the rules then it will save some of you from getting punched in the throat!
1) Please ignore the “people you may know” box on the right side of your screen if you do not actually know the person.
Now this rule is for those who just have a regular page not a fan page or any of the like. If you do not personally know someone meaning the two of you have never sat down and had a personal conversation, never hung out, never went to school together, never worked together, etc. THEN YOU DO NOT KNOW THE PERSON! Just because a person may know someone that you know doesn’t mean that you know them (DUH.) It is not proper etiquette to “FRIEND SHOP” off of other peoples Facebook friends lists! Oh…I get it…you want to appear popular? Ha!
2) If you are anti-social and you do not “like” statuses or ever leave comments for any of your friends, stop expecting people to like and leave comments on your stuff.
3) Do not send game requests over and over and over again to people that you know DO NOT PLAY! It’s just rude and annoying as all hell.
4) Stop posting links that do not lead anywhere.
Make sure that your ghetto link leads to somewhere BEFORE you post it! It’s like stopping to ask for directions and instead of a person telling you they don’t know where the location is, they act like they do and send you all over the damn planet. That’s rude!
5) It is not proper to post your whole entire life online then get mad because people are talking about you.
Facebook post: “I just had my 20th can of beer and now I’m about to drive home.”
Facebook comments: “You really should call a taxi.”
“That is not the responsible thing to do.”
Your next Facebook post: “I am so tired of people always being in my damn business!”
6) Do not tag people in corny pictures of quotes. If it isn’t funny or cute, do NOT go tagging everybody in it damnit!
7) (For my creative folks) If people can’t post links on your wall of projects that they are working on (books, music, dancing, etc.) then DO NOT feel free to post your link on anybody else’s wall.
8) It is rude to internet stalk….do not do it!
That means do not delete someone (or get deleted by someone) and then go stalking the person’s page from someone else’s page. This is not only rude, but creepy as well.
9) DO NOT tag yourself in other people’s pictures!
I would think that if they wanted you tagged in their pic, they would have tagged you themselves…don’t ‘cha think?
10) This is the most important etiquette rule of all: DO NOT KILL PEOPLE THAT YOU MEET OFF OF FACEBOOK OR THAT YOU HAVE AS “FRIENDS”!
This is rude. This is NOT normal behavior. Stop it!